Monday, November 12, 2007

October page

Finally, I am done with my October page. I had a lot of fun doing this one. Truly felt like I was journal beading. The colors matched the season and also my mood. And boy did the beads talk to me. I have done beading in pink and started adding orange the past couple of years, but yellow (not counting amber or gold) is really new. I think part of that has been inspiration from one of the Curious Creek yarns I like, Sunrise on Daffodils. (See the link to the right if you want to check it out.) I have included some in progress shots, and some close ups. This piece was very hard for me to photograph, so the pictures do not do it justice. I have a vintage button which is really cool. And I love this material. There is so many great quilt material out there in the market place, just like beads, very addictive.

There are techniques or pieces I learned and adapted from Paula Walter (class,) Diane Fitzgerald (book,) Marcia Decoster (class) and one from the newest Beadwork, which of course I could not find at the moment. I even came up with another way to bezel a rivoli, so that was pretty cool.

I also discovered my page could be turned two ways. Since I like bead weaving so much, it was fun to bead some of the pieces separately and put them on the page.

Finally, I am hoping I can get my knitting idea together for November's page.

We will see! Happy beading and knitting everyone, Nancy.











9 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

I think the photos are great and the close ups help a lot!

GraceBeading said...

Wow... what a happy piece. It's beautiful Nancy, I love the closed up's the colors are wonderful!

KV said...

This page is awesome, Nancy! The colors just sing and dance and make a body smile all over . . .


Kathy V in NM (who also loved the photo of the flowers that inspired this piece)

Barb said...

I *love* the colors! Talk about energy. I'm trying to learn to be bolder with color, but you have it in spades. Beautifully done!

Ellen said...

This is dleightful Nancy - it made me smile to see such lovely sunny colours

Nancy K. said...

Well, I had this big long comment and it got lost in blogland.

Thank you all for your postive comments. I had fun with this one. The original inspiration was some pictures of Dahlias I had taken earlier in the year.

Kathy V. I hope you got the email I sent.

For color choices, I did an experiment once in a bead class I was in taught by NanC Meinhardt. And that was to go to a wall of sead beads and in 15 seconds or so, pick out bead colors, the ones you are drawn too. You would be surprised what you pick.

Thanks, Nancy.

Robin said...

Oooooh, oooooh, ooooh!!!! I adore these colors and this piece... It makes me feel so happy on this cold, dark, blustery winter day. There is a summer and there will be flowers again! Also, very nice use of a variety of techniques. Bravo!

artandtea said...

Hi Nancy,
Like Robin, I'm looking out my window at a cold, dark, dreary day. Plus, it's pouring rain. So, having the photos of your gorgeous page pop up on my screen has just brightened my day! Wonderful beadwork and a simply beautiful colorway.
-Karen

Timaree said...

Love the color combo and your beautiful beading. It really does go with the flowers that were your inspiration.